There is actually helluva story behind the invention of Dog Armor canine anti-insect gear which involves some extraordinary drive and pretty impressive science.
Back to the beginning. The inspiration behind Dog Armor gear was provided by a Dutchman who combined his love for animals and animal science degree with his experience in producing WHO (World Health Organization) approved Long Lasting Insecticidal Mosquito Nets (LLINs) for malaria prevention to develop an effective solution for battling insect pests of dogs.
Which wasn’t easy. It actually took him several years (including consultations with University professors and other brains) to work it out. His starting point was that if Long Lasting Insecticidal Mosquito Nets provide humans with a safe and long lasting protection against insect bites and malaria, the same concept may be applicable to dog gear. By impregnating dog gear with an insecticidal substance and bind that substance in such a way that it is firmly attached to the fabric, dogs using such gear will be protected against a great variety of insects and this gear will be effective for months and months without the need of re-applying the insecticide. And that is how the Dog Armor Knockdown concept came to life.
Once he had established that the Dog Armor anti-insect gear was really safe for dogs; that the gear effectively repelled or knocked down insects; that the effect was long lasting and as a result that dogs were well protected from being bitten or stung by harmful insects, he didn’t waste any time. He set up a production chain and started sending Dog Armor gear around the planet so that dog owners all over the world would be able to provide their animals with the necessary protection against harmful flying and crawling insects.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Whether you have a question about Dog Armor, feedback about our products, suggestions to improve our gear or if you just need assistance choosing the stuff that’s right for your dog, we want to know what’s on your mind.
HAVE A QUESTION?
We’re here for you! You can learn more about the Dog Armor anti-insect gear by visiting the FAQ section. Or simply send us an email at email@example.com.
Connect with us socially and stay up-to-date on all the latest Dog Armor happenings!
If you have public relations inquiries, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOG ARMOR IS ENGAGED IN ACTIVE OUTREACH TO DISTRIBUTORS, INNOVATORS AND SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATIONS WORLDWIDE
At Dog Armor we embrace the best ideas in science and marketing, building effective collaborations of all kinds, from distribution agreements and product innovation cooperations to commercial partnerships. We currently have several active international collaborations and continue to seek partners that will complement our in-house capabilities, strengthen our product portfolio and deliver our gear around the world to provide dogs with protection against harmful and crawling insects.
Dog Armor is flexible in its approach to partnering. Our alliances have been structured on a case-by-case basis. In each relationship, we work to create agreements that further the goals and objectives of both parties. To initiate a discussion, please send an email to email@example.com to schedule an informal, exploratory discussion.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All references to the ’company’, ’us’ or ’we’ will refer to Pengolin Incorporated. All references to the ‘customer’ or ‘you’ shall mean the person or persons purchasing or agreeing to purchase goods from the company. All references to the ‘goods’, the ‘items’ or the ‘products’ will refer to the products offered by Pengolin Incorporated. All references to the ‘Website shall include reference to all URL’s owned by Pengolin Incorporated. “Linked Website” means any website accessible from a hyperlink provided on the Websites, either directly or indirectly.
Information and Product Description
While every effort is made to update the information contained on this Website, neither Pengolin Incorporated nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, any pricing information, research information, data and/or content contained on the Website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the Website.
Pengolin Incorporated reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this Website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. You rely on the information contained on this Website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
Trademarks and Copyright
The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on this Website are all registered and unregistered trademarks of Pengolin Incorporated. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of Pengolin Incorporated.
Prices and Delivery Charges
There is only one currency used: US Dollar. It is our policy to offer goods at the most reasonable price possible, however, if, due to circumstances beyond our control, we deem it necessary to alter any advertised price, we reserve the right to do so without prior notice. Delivery and other charges displayed on this Website are current at the time of issue, but may change at any time and are subject to availability
Taxes, Customs and Duties
Prices displayed on this Website are inclusive of Tax applied at the rate of: 0% VAT (Export).
Orders that are shipped to countries outside of China may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and other fees at destination country. The recipient as importer is to be born of the expenses occurred at the destination country. Customs policies vary per country.
Due to the anti-insect coating, Dog Armor Knockdown products may require registration in your country. At this time Dog Armor Knockdown products are cleared for sale in the following countries:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, USA.
In case you wish to receive our products in a country outside this list we suggest contacting your local customs officer for further information. Registration policies vary from country to country and because you are considered the importer of record you must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Pengolin Incorporated is not responsible for any adverse consequences that result or are alleged to result from bringing the ordered product to the country you defined. While customs clearance process is required, this is possible to cause the delay in the good arrival.
Orders and Payment
We are pleased to accept orders by any of the following methods: online and e-mail. We accept payment via PayPal only. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorize payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay and / or non-delivery of your order. We are unable to accept or process any orders without a valid card payment in the name of the registered PayPal member.
Orders are shipped within 48 hours (not including weekends). International shipments are sent either via Hong Kong Post or DHL Hong Kong. Standard international shipping with Hong Kong Post takes approximately 7 to 20 business days. Therefore, you can expect your standard shipment to arrive in 12 to 25 days. Standard international shipping is limited to 2 items only. International express shipping with DHL Hong Kong takes approximately 5 to 7 business days. Therefore, you can expect your express shipment to arrive in 7 to 12 days. International express shipping is limited to 5 items only. For other shipping options or in case you have any questions please contact customer service via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time for any reason as well as change carriers based on product availability or customer location.
Orders are delivered by the method of delivery offered by Pengolin Incorporated and selected by you during the checkout steps on the website. Any time quoted for delivery is an estimate only and we shall not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result or consequence of any failure to deliver or delay in delivery. You shall not be relieved of any obligation to accept or pay for the products by reason of any delay in delivery. Where the customer requests us to deliver goods directly to another person, that person takes possession of the goods for you as your agent, but you remain directly responsible to us under these Terms and Conditions.
Inability to deliver
If, due to any act, omission or default by the customer, we are unable to deliver any goods to the customer at the time that the goods are due to be delivered, you agree to reimburse us for all reasonable costs incurred by us for storing, securing and insuring the goods until such time as the goods are delivered or re-delivered to you. All costs under this clause will be calculated for the period commencing on the date on which any goods would have been delivered but for the customer’s act, omission or default, and finishing on the date on which the goods are subsequently delivered or re-delivered.
Outstanding orders can be cancelled by the customer at any time provided that the order has not yet entered the dispatch process. In instances where payment has already been made, an alternative or refund in full for the item(s) concerned will be given. In the event of any goods delivered by us being damaged in transit, or failure to match the items ordered by you, then such details must be notified by you to us within 7 working days of receipt. If we receive no such notification the customer will be deemed to have accepted the items as satisfactory. We cannot be held liable for any consequential loss caused by late delivery or failure to deliver by the company’s appointed carrier. Liability in such cases is limited to the value of those items, which are shown to have not been received by the customer. If we determine that it is or may be unable to deliver within a reasonable time, or at all, the sales contract may be cancelled by us. In the event of cancellation the customer shall have no claim against Pengolin Incorporated for any damage, loss, cost or expense whatsoever.
Returns and Exchanges
We want you to be entirely satisfied with every purchase made from Pengolin Incorporated as we aim to offer you excellent quality, value and service at all times. An invoice marked paid will be dispatched to you for all purchases. This is your proof of payment and also your guarantee. If you wish to return an item for exchange or you have decided not to keep it, please contact us within 7 days of receipt of item. Returned items must be accompanied by a copy of your paid invoice and be accompanied by the original packaging. Customers should arrange their own return courier. After we have established that the item is unused and undamaged, you will be refunded the entire sales price excluding original cost of delivery, and if applicable, excluding the cost of return service. If you are in any doubt, please contact us at email@example.com.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND THE GOODS BACK TO US WITHOUT NOTICE. PENGOLIN AND PENGOLIN DISTRIBUTORS ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR GOODS THAT ARE SENT BACK BY THE CUSTOMER AND ARE LOST OR STOLEN BEFORE ARRIVING
All products offered are guaranteed for a period of twelve months unless otherwise stated from the date of the original invoice against failure to provide reasonable wear owing to defective workmanship or materials. The guarantee excludes faults caused by accident, neglect or misuse. In the event of a warranty claim, please return the item with a copy of the original invoice to:
17/F Harcourt House
39 Gloucester Road
Please clearly identify the area or part that has failed. All items must be returned in a clean, dry condition.
Pricing and Print Errors
Prices and specifications are checked to the best of our ability, and whilst every effort has been made to make them accurate, no responsibility will be accepted for errors and omissions. We reserve the right to alter our prices and specifications without notice.
Ownership of Goods
All items supplied to the customer remain the property of Pengolin Incorporated until final payment of all sums owing in respect of those goods has been received in full by us.
Any complaint can be communicated directly to Pengolin Incorporated. We will endeavor to deal with your complaint within five working days of receipt. In the event where we cannot resolve your complaint immediately we will advise a likely time scale to you and keep you informed of any investigation.
The type of information that we will collect will include:
- Your title and name
- Known address
- Contact telephone numbers
- E-mail address
- Order and Payment details
Individuals registering their details online may do so on the understanding that they are aware of the intended purpose for the collection of data. They may be sent further information / communication via email, and post.
We will not be liable for non-performances of our obligations caused or resulting from industrial disputes or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the company such as act of God, riots, civil commotion, flood, fire and legislation. If by reason of such circumstances it shall become impossible within a reasonable time for the company to wholly or partly supply the items ordered then the customer’s liability will be limited to the value of the items already supplied together with any associated delivery charges.
In no event shall Pengolin Incorporated be liable (whether before or after discharge of the contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to special, incidental, indirect, or consequential loss, economic loss, loss of turnover, profits, goodwill or revenue, whether or not any member of Pengolin Incorporated was aware of or may reasonably have anticipated such losses may be incurred
You agree that your use of the Website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms and Conditions is hereby excluded. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content or opinions expressed on the Website or the content of any Linked Website and assume no liability or responsibility for any of the following, or for any claims, demands, losses, costs or expenses (including without limitation legal costs), or for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, economic loss or damage to reputation whatsoever, resulting from any:
(1) errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of material or information on the Website;
(2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of the Website;
(3) any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and or financial information stored therein;
(4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website;
(5) any bugs, viruses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the Website by any third party;
(6) any errors or omissions in any material or information or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any material or information posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on the Website; and/or
(7) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on the Website. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Website or any Linked Website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, us, our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents or related bodies corporate for any liabilities, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation legal costs), or for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, whatsoever resulting from:
(1) your use of and access to the Website; and
(2) any breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this Website only for your personal use. Copyright in the content of this Website (including text, photographs, graphics, logos, icons and software) is owned or licensed by us. Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under, Articles 139 and 140 of the Basic Law in Hong Kong and similar legislation which applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by these Terms and Conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
(1) adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Website; or
(2) commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Website, without our written permission.
Failure by Pengolin Incorporated to insist upon strict performance of any term, warranty or condition of the contract shall not be deemed as a waiver thereof or of any rights Pengolin Incorporated or any member of Pengolin Incorporated may have and no expressed waiver shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of any term, warranty or condition
(1) You acknowledge that you are acquiring the goods for private use and not for the purpose of re-supply in trade or commerce and warrant that you can make legally binding contracts;
(2) You acknowledge that neither Pengolin Incorporated nor any person purporting to act on its behalf has made any representation or given any promise or undertaking which is not expressly set out in writing whether as to the fitness of the goods for any particular purpose or any other matter. In particular, you acknowledge that it does not rely on the skill and judgment of Pengolin Incorporated in supplying goods which are fit for a particular purpose, and that it will ensure that any goods supplied to it by Pengolin Incorporated are in accordance with its order;
(3) Any description of the goods contained on this Website is approximate only and is given by way of identification only and the use of such description shall not constitute the contract a sale by description. You cannot claim against Pengolin Incorporated for any deviation;
(4) Goods are not available via this Website to persons under the age of 18 years or any other persons who are legally prohibited from entering into binding contracts;
(5) Except for any warranty or representation made expressly in writing by us, you hereby acknowledge that you have not relied on any advice given, or representation made by us, or on our behalf in connection with the goods;
(6) We shall not be liable for any failure of telecommunications services or systems which affect our receipt of information from you;
(7) You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the Website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of the Website or any Linked Website;
(8) We do not accept liability for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly as a result of a failure to provide the Website, corruption to or loss of data, errors or interruptions or any suspension or discontinuance of the service;
(9) Whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained on this Website is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep the Website updated. We do not accept liability for loss or damage resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any material or information obtained through the Website;
(10) If you download any material from the Website, you acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from the downloading or subsequent use of the downloaded material;
(11) You may not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any downloaded material. In addition, you may not commercialise any information, products or services from the downloaded material;
(12) Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on this Website (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own Websites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers’ products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement;
(13) No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk;
(14) You agree not to use, launch or install, or use or launch any program whatsoever which masks the identity of the user or which may inturn use, launch or install any malicious software, badware, malware, deceptive adware or the like which may amongst other things delete data on the computers of users, steal personal information such as passwords, credit card numbers, alter search results, track the moves of users and/or feed such information back to third parties;
(15) You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots”, “spiders” and “offline readers” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Website servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web-browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communications systems provided by the Website for any solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes any users with respect to their submissions.
Pengolin Incorporated reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms or subcontract the production, manufacture or supply of the whole or any part of the goods to be supplied. You may not assign its right and obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent.
This Website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with Linked Websites. Our links with Linked Websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those Linked Websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or websites referred to or contained on those Linked Websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
Any notice to be given by you to Pengolin Incorporated shall be sent to the address that appears on this Website, or as otherwise notified to you by Pengolin Incorporated. No notice shall be deemed to be given until it is actually received at such address.
Any provision of these terms, which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, is to be read down, if possible, so as to be valid and enforceable. The read down provision will apply only in the relevant jurisdiction. If the provision cannot be read down, and it can be severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, then it will be severed. The remaining provisions of these terms, and the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction, will not be affected.
All contracts shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Hong Kong Law and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of Hong Kong. Nothing in these terms and conditions will be deemed to affect your statutory rights.
To return to the Website
To return to the Website, click where indicated. By doing so, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the above Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions, you can reach Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.